Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cute as a Button

I am excited to join the Papertrey Ink blog hop for the first time. The challenge is to use buttons on a project. I love to use buttons on everything so it was hard to decide what to do. All supplies are from Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise noted. Punches: Fiskars, Certainly Celery cardstock from Stampin Up. I used Kraft cardstock for the base, stamped a little Botanical Border in white and then layered patterned paper from the Green Boutique pad. I stamped "Baby" from Mixed Messages II, with Hawaiian Shores ink. Then I punched a scalloped circle then inked the edges in Spring Rain. The buttons are from Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist and New Leaf collections from PTI. I just love the bright, cheerful combination of colors in the "Green Boutique" paper pad. I'm pretty sure I will be using this color palette often! Thanks for looking!

29 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Aaaaaah. How darling.

Melissa said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Your card is cute as a button!

Janice McDonald said...

Really cool mix of colours and prints...very cute!

Rosanne said...

Cute card!

Sue Ann said...

cute cute cute and I Love the colors!!!

Anika said...

So pretty, Lynn!! Love the patterns and layout you used!

Diane Jaquay said...

Welcome to your first PTI blog hop! Your card is adorable!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh you are so making me want that paper...you featured it perfectly! Gorgeous colors and love the contrasting buttons!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I really like your card. I love the mixing of the patterned paper and the touch of a few buttons as accents. Very nice.

Jen Carter said...

Love seeing that new paper! Great job.

peggysue said...

Nice use of patterned paper and the buttons, looks very nice.

Marge said...

Your card is cute as a button! Love those papers!!!

Traveling Mama said...

Well said! This really is cute as a button!

Kerri said...

This is so sweet!

Laurie said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! love the patterned paper on the craft base

Laural-Lee said...

Very cute baby card. Great patterns

Lori said...

Welcome to the hop! Nice card!

Amy Kolling said...

This is very sweet!!

jen said...

This is adorable! And I bet you'll be hooked on hopping! :)

Savitri said...

So sweet!! Great card!

Cammie said...

I'm glad you joined the hop! Your card is cute as button--a really sweet baby card with modern colors!

Babies-Beth said...

Woo Hoo, one of the few baby cards on the hop, lol! Love it!!

Chris Simon said...

Absolutely perfect!

Mrs. Cunningham said...

garsh, I love the colors you've chosen!

Holly Jordan said...

Sooo sweet! Lovin' the green boutique papers so much, off to do something with mine:)

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours!!

Jennifer K said...

The colors you chose are just delightful!