Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mini Album Start to Finish





































Have you seen the new "Delovely" line from Cosmo Cricket? The colors scream summertime! MemoryWorks is offering this line as a June Trend Essentials for a limited time only. I couldn't wait to play with these papers. I made a mini-album in just over 1 1/2 hours. I thought it would be fun to document the steps and time myself. Follow along, if interested.








Step 1: Gather papers and cut apart "elements" page.








Step 2: 30 minutes to cut paper and cover front side of pages (I used only 2 papers that are double-sided to mix/match). I used the 4 x 6 chipboard album on page 43 of MemoryWorks catalog.








Step 3: 18 minutes to cover back side of pages (I used the 6 x 6 mini deck of coordinating papers that I had picked up earlier).








Step 4: 11 minutes to gather supplies (buttons, flowers, etc) to make embellishments. This was actually fun, like speed-shopping through my own stash. Try this sometime, just gather things that coordinate with your papers.








Step 5: 1 minute to collect punches








Step 6: 21 minutes to create embellishments








Step 7: 7 minutes to decide where to place accents and adhere








Step 8: 8 minutes to assemble and add ribbons








I really tried to keep moving through each step, not fussing over details which is difficult for me to do! I'm pleased with the results. Now if only the scrap-fairy would visit and clean up my mess!
















No comments: