Sunday, December 12, 2010

Just a Note


As I was hopping around my favorite idea sites this cold, blustery winter night I came upon a contest at Page Maps.   You can check out their blog at http://www.pagemaps.blogspot.com/
There is a scrapbook page contest and card sketch contest.  This card sketch motivated me to go to my studio and create something new.  It was fun to pull out some springy papers from American Crafts.  I used the Dear Lizzy "Enchanted Line".  Although my picture could almost pass for a Christmas card.   My daughter took my good camera back to school for some final art projects so I didn't get a very good shot.  The colors are off, but the best I could do tonight.  I love to get ideas from Page Maps.  Every month they feature  card and page layout sketches.  I can always get my mojo workin' after a visit there.


Patterned Papers:  American Crafts  Dear Lizzy "Enchanted" line, w/coordinating journal card
Stamps from IPPITY
sentiment:  "Just wanted to say..."
text background:  "Thoughts from the Past" in Waterlily Green (Unity)
Postmark stamp:  "Life is the Journey"
twill: Paper Trey Ink  & scalloped ribbon: Cosmo Cricket
thanks for stopping by!  stay safe and warm!

No comments: