Sunday, March 27, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge

Hello, today is last day of Spring Break...
I enjoyed a little extra studio time this week.
I was so inspired by this photo at the Play Date Cafe that I had to play along.
Aren't the colors like a breath of fresh, spring air?

and here is my card:
for some reason these colors inspired me to break open this IPPITY stamp set that I haven't used yet.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Stampin Up!
Stamps:  IPPITY Moon Beam & Heart Strings, along with Gurnsey Gingham
Ink:  Unity Noir and Ranger Dusty Concord
Papertrey Ink: Fresh Snow around edges of gingham stamped piece
Copics:  Robin's Egg Blue and Hydrangea
Button:  Papertrey Ink 
Twine:  The Twinery "Lilac"
Fiskars Border Punch
Sakura "Clear Star" Glitter pen to outline the strings.
I don't usually go for purples, but I really like the way this card turned out!
I even made a few more with this sketch so stop by tomorrow if you want to see another one.  LOL
For more inspiration, visit the Play Date Cafe blog HERE.
It is a fun place to visit!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Sweet card to welcome a new baby! Great use of the colours. Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a sweet, baby card, Lynn! I'm lovin' that gingham valance! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Michele Gross said...

Fabulous baby card, these colors are sooo fun for that! LOVE your design and glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

I haven't used my set of this yet! It looks great in the colours, lovely job! Thanks for playing along with at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOO cute! Love these Ippity stamps! What a perfect match! Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!