Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grad Gifts


These canvas frames came unfinished from Crafty Steals.
I love the way the frames took paint and ink.
First I painted them with acrylic paint, one coat with a sponge brush.
I brushed it on using a horizontal motion to give a bit of woodgrain look to it.
Then I used Glimmer Mist along with Tim Holtz Masks, for the boys' and Tattered Angels masks for the girls'.
Then, my favorite part-  stamping.
I used a variety of stamps from Pink Paislee to Ippity/Unity.
Lastly, I added a few embellishments from my stash.
Wish I would've bought a few more when I had the chance.
thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

they looked like wood at first! very cool gift idea, lynn! love the misting and stamping:)

Danielle Flanders said...

wow, I thought the frame came that way when I first looked at it! it's gorgeous!
Danielle