Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sympathy Cards

I happened to need a sympathy card and found some great inspiration, by Dawn McVey,
at the Papetrey Ink blog.
She has a post, along with tutorial video, on helpful hints for making sympathy cards.
Check it out HERE
Dawn explained how you can use a brighter color and still make the card respectful and elegant.
I usually use more muted colors, for sympathy cards, but I like the result of this card based on the inspiration.
I used Papetrey Ink "Bitty Dot Basics" paper,
the leaf stamp from PTI "Masculine Motifs",
sentiment from "Mega-Mixed Messages",
PTI silk ribbon.
The purple ink is Ranger Distress Ink "Concord Grape". 
All other supplies are form Papetrey Ink.
Thanks for the inspiration, Dawn!
here is another pretty pair that I used the same layout for:
for these two cards I used some older Basic Grey paper and a Stampin Up stamp, colored with copic markers.
Same sentiment from Papertrey Ink.
thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

lovely cards, lynn! dawn is awesome, isn't she!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful cards!

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you used the Waterflower Garden stamp! This looks great!