Monday, June 13, 2011

Tissue Paper Texture

I saw this technique on Nichole Heady's blog for
Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday video tutorial.

Betsy Veldman demonstrated how to use tissue paper to create texture on your card.
You can check it out HERE
This is my first attempt at using a tissue paper background:

I had this really cool tissue paper that reminded me of Georgia O'Keefe stylized clouds so I used that for the sky.
For the bottom half, I just tore strips of blue tissue paper to create the water effect.

Supplies:
Papertrey Ink: "Masculine Motifs" stamp set, "Tiny Tags" (faux photo corners), buttons and Kraft cardstock
other: Baker's Twine "Whiskers Graphics"
This was a fun technique and I would try it again. 
One thing I learned is that you really need to let that background dry before stamping.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

how clever to use the tiny tags stamp as a corner! great card, lynn!