Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Favorite Things

Being a teacher, one of my favorite things is new
back-to-school supplies.
Who can resist the smell of a new box of crayons, right?
When I saw the My Favorite Things Challenge at one of my new favorite blog stops,
The Kraft Journal
I knew I had to create one of these gift totes using the
Simple Stories ele.ment.ary Kit.
First, I have to give a shout-out to my scrap soul sister Lacey Igo for the inspiration and permission to scraplift her amazing project using the  
Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer Kit.
   Please check out her project HERE.
thanks Lacey!
I used the Simple Stories school-themed kit and some new goodies from The Kraft Outlet to make some welcome back to school gifts for my teacher friends.


altered goodies in tote
supplies
Simple Stories Ele.ment.ary Kit (paper, stickers, journaling jots)
mini alphas from SS 100 Days of Summer sticker sheet
ribbons from Retreat goodie bag
buttons: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found "Moments"
other:  6 pack beverage holder
Now all these patterns and colors coordinate so well with my goodies from
The Kraft Outlet
supplies:  Kraft cardstock to cover tote and background for bookmark
Lunch Bag Kraft CD Sleeve (to hold tag and lunch gift card)
metal rimmed tag
Kraft Baker's Twine
close up of CD sleeve which I trimmed slightly to fit
For more inspiration, head on over to The Kraft Journal blog.
You can find it right HERE along with a link to The Kraft Outlet.
I really had so much fun making these gift totes for my teacher friends.
It is always nice to have a little welcome back surprise on your desk the first day of school.
You could make them for your favorite teacher or students returning to school.
thanks for visiting today!

7 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

lynn, this is SO awesome--your friends will be amazed! i'm pretty sure you've got the challenge won, too! lacey's was project was darling!

VanessaB said...

omg! what a cute, cute, cute idea!! i may need to make one for our new teacher.

Unknown said...

Lynn this project is so adorable and clever! I just love the use of the Kraft Outlet CD Sleeve and other products that went into creating this wonderful gift for your teacher-friends! In fact, I love your project so much, I've selected it to be showcased on our Feature Me Friday post scheduled for Friday July 29. Be sure to stop by The Kraft Journal blog that day to pick up your Featured Artist button and thank you so much for joining us for our challenge this week!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Lynn!! How adorable this set is! Such a fun and happy surprise for some lucky student or teacher, and such a brilliant use for the CD Sleeve envelope! You have totally inspired me to make something for my daughter. :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal.

Lacey said...

Lynn this turned out amazing!! What a great project to do and give to teachers! Perfect for any parent and child to do! And great way to recycle those drink containers that have been accumulating all summer!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi

You won something on my blog - Wendy Kwok (CCG)

Angi Barrs said...

Awesome project. Love this. :)