Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's New Wednesday?

  I am making my way through my Stamping Royalty prize package, and inking up some new sets.
This week I fell in love with the sentiments in the
VERVE "Birthday Bash" set!
I was checking out the VERVE blog and found a challenge that encourages breaking into that sentimental stash of patterned papers that we tend to hang onto.
Well, that spoke to me as I am quite the collector of pretty patterned paper!
One of my favorite lines is "Sweet Threads" by Basic Grey,
which I used for this card.

I started out by making a patchwork-like background, using 6 different patterned papers from the
Basic Grey "Sweet Threads" 6 x 6 pad.
Then I added a coordinating border sticker on a strip of patterned paper.
Next, I stamped two of the sentiments on a journaling piece.
The sentiment stamps came from the VERVE: "Birthday Bash" set.
I just love the font mix!
I added a few "Velvet Hydrangeas (Rose)" from Petaloo.
To check out the VERVE challenge and see some inspiring projects go
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love the papers you used and your fabulous framing of the sentiment combo!! Awesome!

farmhouse-story said...

love the papers and colors on this card, lynn:)-beautiful!

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card!!! I love these papers, too :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the colors and those sparkly flowers!