Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's New Wednesday?

I learned something new this week...how to make a quick, little quilt using a jelly-roll.
the beginning

work in progress
half-way done sewing!


The END!

It took about 6 hours (with a lunch break) to create this piece.  I just love the colors in the Moda jelly roll.
This cozy little quilt will be perfect for my living room.
Thanks to the gals at Just Plain Annie's Quilt Shop
for their help and encouragement along the way.
You can learn more about the shop  HERE.
It was a really fun project, even for a novice like me.


3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful, lynn! quilting becomes addictive:)

Lacey said...

OOo that is fantastic!!!! I would love to maybe someday make something like that...but i don't know if I have it in me...turned out great!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is gorgeous, Lynn! I'd love to learn to sew someday - on my bucket list for sure! Thanks for the inspiration!