Monday, April 9, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers

For the Kraft Journal Blog Challenge
"April Showers Bring May Flowers"
I created this banner.
  It is filled with lots of goodies from The Kraft Outlet mixed with some new My Mind's Eye.  For the base of the banner I started with one Buff French Floral Postcard Shipping Tag, two Large Kraft tags, and two pieces of patterned paper cut into banner shapes.  Then I stamped the Kraft tags using Glitz Designs "Dance in the Sunshine" stamps.  The raindrops are covered with Ranger Glossy Accents.  Next, I started layering the pieces with all sorts of  elements from The Kraft Outlet, including Jenni Bowlin "Quilted Stickers", Tim Holtz Reinforcers7 Gypsies "Receipts"  mini-ephemera, and 7 Gypsies "Vintage Naked Chemistry Labels".  I also added some MME layered stickers and buttons and Garden Wooden Shapes from Close To My Heart.  I attached each piece to basic household twine using the following Kraft Outlet fibers: Kraft Baker's Twine, Natural Twill and 7 Gypsies "Nottinghill Seam Binding" along with some mini-clothespins.  The flowers were made with authentic "Vintage Dictionary Pages" layered with  Recollections yellow roses.  
These banners are so much fun to make but a bit difficult to photograph inside.
I hung this from a dogwood tree at the corner of our yard.  
It looks so beautiful this time of year, thanks to my live-in gardener AKA darling husband.


Hop on over the The Kraft Journal blog for some KRAFTY inspiration.
You can join in the challenge if you use any Kraft Outlet products or Kraft in your project. 
Have a great week!




4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! This is SO, SO gorgeous, Lynn! I absolutely adore banners, and this one is a jaw dropper. Way to rock all those Kraft Outlet goodies. This is amazing!

Brenda said...

What a banner! WOWIE!!

scrapbookertink said...

Amazing work, those banners are fab, take care, Doreen x

farmhouse-story said...

love this, lynn!