Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Ink It Up" Challenge

You know I could not resist a challenge with the title
"Ink It Up"!
If you are interested, hop on over to 
the Kraft Journal blog to check it out.
I used one of my fave seasonal stamp sets from Close To My Heart:


First, I stamped the image, with Black Archival Ink, on a "grungy tag" from 
The Kraft Outlet.  After letting the ink dry I painted the sky with a brush which was loaded with water + ink (from a TH Distress Marker).  That's how I got the spooky, streaky effect.
Patterned papers (Simple Stories 'Take a Hike' 
 are scraps left over from my adventure helping
 11 Boy Scouts earn their 'Scrapbooking Badge'.
Isn't it cool that they include scrapbooking in their program?
Anyway, I tied the tag with some of our Black Tulle Ribbon and added it to the card front.
I love how the two large stamps in this set fit the larger tags.
Hope you are inspired to "Ink It Up" today.

5 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Lynn! Really great take on the inking challenge. SO love how that tag turned out!

Tracy said...

Awesome stamping Lynn! your tag turned out wonderfully and looks great paired with the DP's you chose. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Brenda said...

Really spooky looking - I love it!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is a super card, Lynn! I love the inking and the stamping on that tag! Great job!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a warm and welcoming card. Thanks so much for sharing this is our current challenge at The Kraft Journal, and we hope you will share with us again soon. What a treat to see your sweet creations!
Blessings,
Karen L
The Kraft Journal