Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fluttering by...

"Fluttering by to say hi!"
Love that sentiment from 
'A Tree', a $6.95 stamp set available HERE.
For this card I used all CTMH supplies.
Kraft CS for the base, then I cut butterflies using the 
Art Philosophy cartridge.
I used paper from the Chantilly Paper Packet and the blue is from
Surf's Up Paper Packet.
I cut the cloud from the Artiste cartridge, and stamped the sentiment in Sky ink.
Then I threaded the buttons with black Waxy Flax and twisted the ends up for antannae.
The Waxy Flax is super easy to thread thru buttons because it is a wax-coated fiber.
Isn't it amazing a  couple of simple die cut shapes can make a sweet 
CAS card?  
I am linking this up to the 
which is to use Sky, Blush, and Buttercup.
I hope you come back April 1st to see how I used my Artiste cartridge for
the first challenge
at the Rose Blossom Garden challenge blog.

8 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely card, I really like the patterned paper butterflies!

Becca-expressions said...

Yes, this is very much a CAS card, and you've done it beautifully!! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart and inspiring us with your work. We look forward to many more wonderful ideas both at CMH and with the new blog.

Audrey Pettit said...

Love those patterned butterflies, and how awesome is that sentiment stamped up in the cloud!

Pam said...

Love your card and how you combined the colors. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

Marg Van Patten said...

So happy to see "butterfly season" is back at the Bungalow! Sweet card! I noticed how you threaded the buttons so the butterflies have cute little bug antennae!

canadian_liner said...

Love how you incorporated the floral buttons on your flutter-bys... A sweet card to welcome spring! Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart this week.

Unknown said...

This card is CAS but and so sweet! Very cute, Lynn! Happy Easter!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

very cute card, Lynn! I love the CAS style with the pastel colored butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare--we look forward to being inspired by more of your artwork in future challenges.
:) Marie