Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kraft Journal Blog Tutorial

For a tutorial on how I used these supplies 
to create a banner,
 just hop on over to 
Kraft Outlet supplies:


In addition, I used the following Close To My Heart supplies:
Urban Alphabet
Universal Background stamps
Cashmere, Sand, and Cocoa Inks
   
See that medallion background image on the #1 piece?
It is much smaller than the actual stamp but I figured out that you can use larger stamps on smaller pieces of cardstock.  I'll show you what I mean...
While the stamp perfectly coordinates with the Artiste cartridge and it gives you the matching size to cut, I wanted a smaller piece for this banner.
So, I cut out the cardstock using my Artiste cartridge.
Then I stamped it using the larger stamp (you can see the overhang).  It is the same ink color but it looks different on the white scrap then it does on the Colonial White cardstock.
It was easy to center because CTMH stamps are clear.
Love that!
Now to tell you why the vintage Sears Catalog pages have special meaning for my hubby, who will be the recipient of this banner on Father's Day.
We own a Craftsman bungalow that was actually ordered from a Sears Catalog.
We have a reproduction of the catalog that our house is featured in.
Same exact floor plan and all.
All the pieces were numbered, like a kit, and were shipped here on a train,
 then carried to our lot with a horse and wagon.
My DH loves the history that goes along with our cozy little bungalow so I know he will appreciate this banner.
I purposely left off a "Father's Day" sentiment so he can hang it up on his bulletin board at school all year long.
For more inspiration, and a challenge to create
" JUST FOR HIM"
visit The Kraft Journal blog.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so proud of you for all the ways you've been recognized lately! Congratulations on all your hard work - it pays off!

Marg Van Patten said...

Such a thoughtful and well crafted gift. Your bungalow history is such a great story! Thanks for the tutorial as well ... I always learn something and that's a good thing! So nice to have finally been able to catch up with your blog tonight. You've got some pretty amazing stuff going on these days! Thanks Lynn!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, that is awesome, Lynn! What an absolutely fabulous project! I love, love, love that your little cottage plans are represented in the reproduction catalog pages. How stinkin' cool is that? I know your husband is going to love this!