Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Kraft Journal Challenge

I recently found this online shop called
The Kraft Outlet.
They sell cardstock, tags, and lots of "Krafty" things, which I love.
Their blog, The Kraft Journal,
hosts a weekly challenge.
This week's challenge is to use something borrowed or something blue, along with some Kraft elements.You can read about the challenge at their blog HERE.


I had to play along with this little summery journal.

The blue patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye "American Made" collection (backside of Pieced Pinwheels).
I borrowed pinking shears and muslin from my daughter's sewing stash to create this flower.
journal:  Michael's Dollar bin
ribbon: Stampin Up!
"notes" stamp from Papertrey Ink 'Take Note' set
small medallion punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
button from my collection of vintage buttons
Speaking of buttons,
I have to share a photo of my find from the Power of the Past flea market this weekend.
I only paid $3 for this tin full of old buttons and buckles!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

adorable, lynn:) ohgosh, what a great button find!! love the kraft store, too!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Lynn! I'm so glad you found us over at The Kraft Journal, and so glad you could play along with us this week. Your journal is just adorable. I love, love the patriotic color scheme. Think it looks so good partnered with kraft. Love the wide ribbon, and the fabric flower is fantastic. Hope you join us again soon!

Anonymous said...

I give you credit for sifting through all of those booths! I'm sure you'll find some great things! Jenise

Annette Allen said...

Wow great card...I love that red and white ribbon...