Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Simple Stories: Destinations Kit

I really liked the idea of Simple Stories when it came out.  I even used parts of kits before. 
Then I took the Simple Stories workshop at the MemoryWorks Retreat using
100 Days of Summer.
Really liked it!
When I got home I used a Destinations kit and followed the layout of the class project, and
fell in LOVE with the Simple Stories concept.
Today, I'll share a few pages from that project.
I intentionally did this project at my dining room table, not my craft cave downstairs.
I didn't want to be distracted by buttons, bling, brads, etc.
I wanted to see if I could make layouts that I was happy with using only the kit.
I brought up adhesive, paper trimmer, and Kraft cardstock.
(I ordered true digital prints which are a tad smaller than 4 x 6 so I had to mount each photo)
I sat down and cut all the pieces apart and organized them by size.
Then I inserted them into the various page protectors, using the
100 Days of Summer class project as a guide.
This took about an hour.
Then I designed the title page.
I totally scraplifted the layout from the workshop.
It looks completely different with this set.
I did have to run downstairs and get a piece of twine to thread thru that suitcase.
Everything else is from the kit (CS papers, journaling cards, and stickers).
This took me about 30 minutes. 
Then I started sorting my photos by places we visited and started "plugging" them into the pre-designed photo slots.  That is where I saved a bunch of time.




Utah was so beautiful!
Come back tomorrow if you want to see more!

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

it looks beautiful--great pics, lynn:) i just got some of the papers from this collection--i really like what you've done with them!

Brenda said...

I like that about these kits - they really stand well on their own. Great pages!

jen shears said...

Wow! looks like you got a LOT done- and it's fabulous!

yyam said...

The pages look great! Really showcases the photos! And what a time saver!:)