Monday, July 9, 2012

Rock-a-Bye Baby Challenge

For this week's challenge at 
the theme is "Rock-a-Bye Baby".

I created this baby door hanger by covering a Chipboard Base, from The Kraft Outlet, with patterned paper. These bases are nice and sturdy, yet light and easy to work with.  I tied some Canvas Fringe Ribbon around the covered chipboard. Then I stamped an image on a small Kraft tag and colored it with colored pencils, adhering it over the ribbon.  The hanger was created by tying knots in Natural Twill Tape and attaching with Tiny Clothespins.  A button and flower top off the embellishments on this little, baby door hanger.  


I chose this sleeping bee stamp from the "What's The Buzz?" set from Close To My Heart.   Then I topped it off with a button and flower from CTMH.  The chipboard letters are American Crafts Thickers from my stash.  For more inspiration, or a chance to play along, buzz on over to The Kraft Journal blog.
I am linking this up to the "Home Sweet Home" challenge at ScrapFit.

5 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

awwwww.... so cute! love the bee sleeping in the flower!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this, Lynn! That chipboard base looks like so much fun to work with and I love the colored tag!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What an adorable project - so perfect for a new babe's door!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

This is really sweet Lynn. :-) I love your use of the twill and fringed canvas ribbons. Hugs!

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh that is just the sweetest thing ever!!! totally cute!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!