Monday, August 6, 2012

Kraft Journal Challenge #83

What's a designer to do when the challenge is "Needle and Thread" and the designer dreads the idea of sewing?  Dig into her stash, that's what!  I found these adorable patterned papers and chipboard pieces from Cosmo Cricket "Material Girl".   So I could stick to the challenge without threading a needle!  I don't know if   it is memories from middle school Home Ec class, where the seam ripper was my best friend, but I really have no desire to sew.  I love the look of it on cards but I usually resort to faux stitching with a marker.
Here is my card that I am sharing at The Kraft Journal blog.


  For this card, I started with Cover Weight Brown Kraft.   I added  strip of paper to a large Kraft Tag which was threaded with some Ruler Twill Ribbon.   I tied some Black Baker's Twine around a chipboard spool and threaded it through a chippy button to further embellish the tag.  Lastly, I topped the tag off with this cute little sewing girl.  Reminds me of my sweet DD who loves to sew, knit, and create with fabric. For some "Needle and Thread" inspiration you can check out the Kraft Journal blog.  You might even see some REAL sewing!  thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Becky Garrison said...

Lynn, thanks for your warm welcome to the Kraft Journal team! And I love your very cute card, too! Thanks again, Becky

Audrey Pettit said...

Absolutely adorable! And a fabulous take on a sewing challenge for one who doesn't sew! That fun chipboard is perfect! Love how you used the tag, too. :)

Tracy said...

Cute, cute Lynn! I always admire card crafters who know how to use chipboard pieces on their cards. :-) Wonderful card for the challenge!

Kristine Porter said...

I need a "like" button for all of your posts! This card is a real cutie! :)