Sunday, December 2, 2012

12 Days of Christmas, Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of our Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share.
Today I am sharing a sweet little gift idea.


When I saw these cute little magnetic notepads at Walmart I knew right away that they would coordinate with the darling mitten stamp from the October SOTM so I bought a few to dress up for my craft booth.
I included a pen and tucked them into a snowflake dotted cellophane bag which I made a Kraft topper for.
Close To My Heart stamps used:
Mitten (October SOTM)
Sentiment: Perfect Fit-Holiday
Snowflake border:  Flakey Friends
I cut the mittens out with the Artiste Cartridge, then stamped them, and adhered them to a small wooden clothespin.  I punched a small hole at the top and added some Baker's Twine and a button.
Then I added some magnets to the back of the clips.

I am happy to say that I sold all of them and even had a customer suggest that I make just the mitten magnet clips to sell.  
I will file that idea away for next year.
Speaking of ideas,
visit my Kraft-y Heart friend, Kim, to see what crafty ideas she has to share today.
You can find here at Violets and Sunshine.
If you leave comments on either of our blogs throughout our
12 Days of Christmas Kraft-y Heart Blog Share
you will be entered into a drawing to win some lovely Close To My Heart stamps.

5 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I'm not surprised you sold out of these as they are completely adorable! Love those little mitten clips! And how clever you made them into a magnet.....useful as well as beautiful!

Wild Bluebonnets said...

What a great project! I love the clothes pin!

Karen Letchworth said...

I just LOVE the idea of using the mini clothes pins to add the little mittens to the top. And, making these sets for gift-giving is so perfect. Thanks for the fun inspiration!
Blessings,
karen L
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

I LOVE these!!

Marg Van Patten said...

Don't you just love it when you come across something that inspires you to go home and create gifts? These are wonderful and the recipients are sure to be pleased!