Thursday, December 19, 2013

Kraft-y Heart Blog Share, day 1

Time for another Kraft-y Heart Blog Share.
This month's theme is "Gifts from the Heart".
I love to create mini-albums to give as gifts.
Here is a baby-themed mini album that I made using the
Close To My Heart Artbooking Cartridge.
The Artbooking Cartridge is set up to help you create mini-albums using just a couple of keys and a number of function key options.  
When I create a mini, I select a paper packet and coordinating cardstock and just start cutting the main page elements first.
Then I cut the tag, pockets, etc.





After cutting the main elements, I go back through and cut
the titles and words.
Then I select a stamp set that coordinates with the theme.
If there are coordinating Cricut cuts, I cut those and then stamp them.
Then I just play,
positioning and rearranging the elements until I find a design I like.
Once I find page designs I like, I go back and stamp the pieces that require stamping
and layer them onto the pages.
Lastly, I add embellishments like washi tape, buttons, brads, twine, ribbon, gems, etc.
If you think of building a mini-album in these layering stages, it really comes together quite quickly.
If you like making mini-albums I highly recommend the Artbooking Cartridge.
It has mini-album designs for the following themes...



Mini-albums make great gifts.
And I love it when I can use my crafty supplies to create gifts!
Now, hop on over to Kim's blog to see what creative project she has to share today.
You can find her at
Kim made a beautiful Christmas mini-album using Frosted papers, so be sure to check that out too.
We will be back with a few more ideas through Saturday.


3 comments:

Brenda said...

You are just so good at mini albums! I love this one!!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

Oh me oh my!!! I love it!! I'll have to look at the cart again.. I missed that folding envelope page you encorporated so well.

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy cow, Lynn! This needs to be in a magazine, Girl! How stunning!
And thank you so much for leaving me some love over at BasicGrey. I sooo appreciate it! :)