Now on to the interview...
1. What am I working on right now? As a Close To My Heart consultant I am always designing and creating with the newest products. As a personal project, I am currently working on a "Hip-Pics Mini-Album". I am including family photos, from this summer, that did not make into my 12 x 12 layouts. It is a cute, little Kraft book where you just slide in the photos. I'll show you pics of the inside at the end of the interview. Other items on my short list are for Christmas projects.
2. How long does it take me to create a project? Of course, that depends on the project. If my mojo is working I can complete a couple of layouts or a set of cards in one afternoon or evening. I tend to create the base of a project and then add layers of embellishments in another sitting.
3. What are my favorite things to create with at the moment? I love to use Kraft in my projects. I love stamping and adding stamped images to most projects. I truly do believe Close To My Heart has the best quality stamps around. I also love to use the Close To My Heart Cricut cartridges in my projects. With over 700 images on each cart, there is plenty to choose from! I am just getting to learn my way around the new Artfully Sent cartridge.
4. How does my creating and writing process work? I let the product inspire my process. I look at a paper pack or a stamp set and get lots of ideas on what to do with it. I often make layouts and then add the photos later. Writing for my blog has helped me to reflect on my creations and make so many connections with other paper-crafters. I love that.
5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired? Of course, there is Pinterest and other scrappy blogs. I would say the thing that keeps me inspired is the desire to design projects that my CTMH customers would like to make. I truly love teaching so I am always looking for new ideas to share with my customers, friends really. I think if I did not have this outlet I would get in a bit of a rut. My CTMH team-mates and leader, Brenda, are so talented and creative, and they love to share, so I get a ton of inspiration from them as well
6. What is my signature style? I think this is the toughest question to answer about one's self. I think others see my style more easily than I do. I love all things vintage-inspired (my Kraft cardstock) and love to include shabby flowers in my work. Sometimes, I like to go bold and graphic. This card kind of shows both sides of my style.
Brenda of Rose Blossoms Legacies
Marg of I Didn't Have Potatoes
Kim of Violets and Sunshine
I can't wait to see their posts next Monday. I will leave you with a few pics of the inside of my Family Gratitude mini-album. This album came together quickly thanks to the coordinating chipboard accents. I kept the page design very similar to create unity throughout the album. I used the Pathfinding Paper Packet and Complements.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you come back.
And thanks to Jody for tagging me in the tour!