Monday, April 23, 2018

Spotlight Stamping

Karen's Spring card party was last week.
We get a pretty regular group so I wanted to teach them something new.
I found "spotlight stamping" on Pinterest.
So I had some fun designing cards with this technique.
For the above class we stamped 
"Celebrate" from the April SOTM in an ombre effect.
We used watercolors to color the "spotlight" flower.
For this card we stamped overlapping images of the pansy on the front panel.
Then we stamped on pansy and painted it with watercolors.
It was fun to see how everyone's turned out.
This one is my favorite and probably the most to true to the
"spotlight stamping" idea.
We used the following two stamp sets for the floral images and sentiments.
and

These two stamp sets present endless possibilities for any
congratulatory occasion.
Have a lovely week!
It finally felt Spring-like here, how about your neck of the woods?



2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

What pretty cards! That is such a fun technique. I particularly love the last card, too.... Really showcases the spotlight effect!

Unknown said...

This is a new technique for me; I will be anxious to try it! Thanks for sharing. Each card has its own special twist. I'm glad you continue your teaching gift through your crafting.